Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jammin' with Ammon!

Thanks to my awesome friend Katie, I learned about Bountiful Baskets. When ordering my basket, I noticed they had a case of blackberries for only $12.00. So I decided there was no time like the present to attempt my first jam session. I was a little nervous making jam with all my munchkins, so I waited until night when Ammon and I could tag team. Let me tell you, it rocked. I loved making goodies with Ammon. It is way more fun to do it it together. We even decided to buy a water bath, so we can start making our own jam. It is perfectly spreadable and taste terrific. I am so grateful for a husband who likes to rock the kitchen with me and last night we had an awesome Jam session. Ammon, you are the best.

7 comments:

  1. Aww you're gonna make me cry. *sniff* On a lighter note the blog looks really good. Great job!

    P.S. Jam session, oh you kill me, really too punny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use Bountiful Baskets too! Small world! :) Glad that your jam session went smoothly. Love the blog, you can add me to your stocker list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Love your blog, I hope you come and drop by ours anytime and often. This weekend would be a good time to start because I'm having a birthday give-a-way. Ammon tried really hard for you the last time I had a give-a-way, maybe you'll have better luck this time! :) I look forward to keeping up with the Lovely Life of the Lovells'.

    p.s. I recognized places in your house and backyard from the pictures! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, your husband's a dork. Love ya, Ammon :)

    Secondly, I heart Bountiful Baskets! I love the variety of vegetables I get to experiment with when I buy a basket. Heather and I bought a huge lot of blueberries through BB and also made jam for the first time together! I felt soooo domestic and like I was paying homage to my foremothers. I was nervous for the results, but it turned out awesome and delicious. We were very proud of ourselves for figuring it out. I'm proud of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Camille I added you to my blog list, so I can stalk with ease.

    Molly I will most definitely be stopping by your blog.

    True that Tiff! My husband is a dork, but I just can't help myself!
    I <3 DORKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bb! I am really bad at making use of everything! Nest time i'll make jam.

    p.s. Your kiddos are so cute! So glad they all look like you......only joking Ammon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy,
    Your family is very cute! I think I saw you guys like 3 years ago at Amazing Jakes and you had two kids and one on the way. Your kids are adorable. I just learned how to make jam and ordered 10 pounds of pectin from Pennsylvania (it's a whole lot cheaper) so I will also be jammin soon. Can't wait for peaches to come in season:)

    ReplyDelete